Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Second Chances by Lauren Dane


Second Chances

Title: Second Chances
Author: Lauren Dane
Publishing Date: October 25, 2010
Source: Bought
Summary (from Goodreads):

 Ten years ago, Rori Simon left town shy, unattractive and with zero self-esteem. Now she’s back, older, stronger and finally loving herself—and it shows. Hot men are soon knocking at her door, including Jude Callahan, the bad boy who starred in her teenage daydreams…and her adult fantasies.

Jude can’t believe the sexy, confident woman before him is actually Rori! She’s gotten under his skin like no other woman has…and brings out secret desires he can’t resist. He wants to dominate Rori with every fiber of his being. Wants to own her and pleasure her. To cherish her as he makes her his.

Rori discovers she likes being controlled. She also knows Jude is not a one-woman man. Everything changes when she meets Zach Helm. Edgy, sensual Zach knows just what she needs, and before long, she’s in love. Jude watches them together and wonders if he’s lost his chance forever…


                                 Review

*deep breath*

I cried. I screamed at my e-reader. I muttered every curse word I know at Lauren Dane as my heart broke towards the end of this book. But I’m getting a head of myself. Let me start at the begging.

This book is hot. THIS is what I’ve been looking for. It does have some light BDSM, but it’s the kind I like to read about. D/s relationship remained only in the bedroom and there was no controlling every aspect of our female character’s life. Being controlled in the bedroom? Oh yeah, I can get behind that!

Rori is a strong, sassy heroine in the novel. She moves back home after living in Paris for a while and immediately gets involved with her teenage fantasy Jude. I wasn’t a fan of Jude to begin with, but he did grow on me towards the end.

Zach stole my heart as quickly as he did Rori’s. I was enthralled with Zack the second he was introduced on the pages and my love for him grew the more I read. He was sweet and charming and sexy and so. very. hot in the bedroom.

You know, you just KNOW, while reading this book that something terrible is going to happen because you also know right from the start that two of these characters belong together. I read with baited breath, swept up in the romance of Rori and Zach, hesitating every time I moved onto the next page because I was terrified of what was to come.

And then the screaming and weeping and heart break began. I had to set the book down and just take a few deep breathes my heart ached so badly. Of course I couldn’t stay away too long because I had to find out what happened next.

Considering how the plot took a twist, I thought I wouldn’t be satisfied with the ending, but I was. It felt right and natural and almost made me forgive the author for putting me through emotional hell.

 Dane creates a sexy love story that has you reaching for the Kleenex and your goodie draw throughout the book. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...