Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Everyone Loves That I Hate



While searching for weekday topics I came across this fabulous meme directory site. It was there that I discovered Top Ten Tuesday stared by The Broke and the Bookish.  Now every week there’s a certain topic that these lovely ladies post about, but I’m going to go with my own thing because 1) I realized after I had written this post that there were certain topics they post about every week and 2) even if I had noticed beforehand I would have completely blanked. I’m odd like that; give me a topic that I “have” to write about and I blank and fail.


So with that…





Welcome to Passion for Page’s first Top Ten Tuesday.  I decided for my first top ten I would list the books that everyone and their mother seems to fall head over heels for that I disliked, or downright hated.


In no particular order (except the first two that I loathe the most)….


1) Fifty Shades of Grey: It really should be titled Fifty Shades of Shit. I loathed, absolutely loathed, these books. I actually only read the first two because I couldn’t rationalize the brain cells I would have lost by reading the third. I have no idea why the fuck everyone is so obsessed with this trash, and now with the movie coming out? Lord help us all.


2) Twilight series: Sparkly vampires? ‘Nuff said.

 
3) To Kill a Mockingbird: I can’t say why I don’t like this classic; I just don’t. Something about it just didn’t sit right with me…


4) Romeo and Juliet: I don’t care who rewrites it, how many movies are made based on these two characters, the story is still the same and it still sucks. This is not a love story. This is a story about two selfish, bratty children who are forbidden by their parents to be together so they decide to kill themselves to…what? Prove a point? Way to go, you’re dead. Who exactly wins?


5) The Hobbit: Confession: I didn’t actually read the book, but I did see the movie. Or at least parts of it when I wasn’t nodding off. I have no desire to read it. Hobbits just aren’t my thing


6) The Lord of the Rings: Again, just not something I’m into it.


7) The Kite Runner:  I just couldn’t find the sympathy most do for the “hero” in this book. He’s not at all likeable, in my opinion and the more I read the more I resented him. I never did finish.  


8)  The Southern Vampire Mysteries: While I love most things from the South these are not one of them. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some Eric and True Blood is da bomb (do people say that anymore?), but these books have some of the worst writing I have ever attempted to read. I couldn’t get passed the first page in book one.


9) Outlander series: Everyone, and I mean everyone that I know was insisting that I had to read these books, so I picked up the first one and later I promptly put it back down and left it there to die.


10) War and Peace: OMG this book did not end! I seriously felt like I was reading it forever, and maybe I was because it took me almost a bloody month to get through because I just could not get into it. I made myself finish this one because I thought it would be wrong to quit. I mean, it’s friggin’ War and Peace. It was a month of my life wasted.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...